My friend, Stephanie Nielson, asked me to paint portraits of her four wonderful children. I decided to do four paintings that will fit together as one painting. Here you can see some photos of the process of this project. If you are interested in commissioning a portrait or painting, please contact me through the contact page of my website.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Drawing - Grisaille - Paint

 Drawing the circle.

 
 Claire
 Jane
 
 Nicholas

Oliver

Some basic steps: I first lay out the drawing then move into a grisaille as in the steps of Claire above. Then I can get into the best part, laying down lots of paint. I've always been nervous to paint freckles so painting the Nielson children presents a perfect challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Well done. I wish your website had a bio

    ReplyDelete
  2. J-Lee,

    Sorry about not having a bio. Here is one for you:
    I like painting
    I like the out of doors
    I live in a town called Provo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are SO beautiful! I would love to know what kind of mediums you're using! What are your materials?

    ReplyDelete