My friend, Stephanie Nielson, asked me to paint portraits of her four wonderful children. I decided to do four paintings that will fit together as one painting. Here you can see some photos of the process of this project. If you are interested in commissioning a portrait or painting, please contact me through the contact page of my website.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Color Studies




I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with the color in this piece so I decided to do some color studies. After I tried to do some hand-coloring on black and white prints I decided to go to the computer instead. I don't love working on the computer but it was very helpful.

*In the middle photo you can see a painting in the top right corner by my good friend, Annie Henrie. She does some great work, including portraits. Go check out her work here.

1 comment:

  1. oh duh, look whose in the back ground!!!!
    hey steven, these look really great, you are doing an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete